Our growing client in the Manufacturing and distrubution industry has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive Accounting Manager for their Savannah, Georgia location. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an established and expanding firm.
The Accounting Manager is the primary point of contact for the organization's accounting and finance needs. This position will be located in Savannah, Georgia office and is responsible for planning and implementing a fiscal strategy that aligns with company goals and objectives. Direct areas of responsibility include accounting and financial oversight, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory compliance, working closely with the company's outside auditors as well as internal operational teams to develop, implement, and maintaining effective business and accounting controls. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Accounting/Finance team and provides guidance, mentorship and management support to department staff personnel.
Responsible for taking the lead in budget development, tax/audit functions and ensuring that weekly and monthly reporting is maintained accurately and appropriately distributed. Expected to display strong and sound business acumen while possessing the ability to communicate effectively, discuss financial related matters with diverse groups, prepare oral and written reports and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Actively promotes Dynacraft's mission statement and contributes towards maintaining a positive work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
* Perform month-end close activities including processing journal entries and accruals, completing reconciliations, booking fixed and prepaid assets, etc.
* Responsible for compliance and regulatory issues as it relates to the financial activities of the company.
* Effectively motivate people in order to maximize performance and job satisfaction.
* Work with Managing Directors in the development and enforcement of proper internal safeguards specifically designed to ensure the protection of Dynacraft and all of its financial assets.
* Coordinates and prepares financial statements and special analysis/information reports.
* Establish direction and process implementation of new practices and procedures and the efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
* Responsible for the development, implementation, analysis and coordination of all applications associated with finance, accounting, and billing. Accounting champion as it relates to our NetSuite ERP system.
* Ownership and supervision of the general accounting, AP and AR functions.
* Maintain current knowledge of company policies and procedures, federal policies and directives, as well as current accounting practices and tax laws that directly or indirectly affect the company.
* Manage state, local, and other audits such as bank and licensor audits.
* Develop annual budget for the company including performing periodic cost and productivity analysis and make recommendations to Managing Directors as needed
* Perform financial analysis to assist Managing Directors in establishing long range financial goals and objectives; oversee the implementation of established company goals and objectives and manage the department's expectations in order to achieve optimal results
* Develop and implement strategies for generating and conserving resources/revenues for the company and monitors implementation and operational effectiveness.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. No overtime or additional compensation is provided to exempt employees. Must be able to maintain our regular schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Some local travel is expected for this position. Must maintain a valid driver's license and have current automobile insurance.
Minimum Position Requirements
* BS/BA in Accounting.
* Minimum of 6-8 years professional accounting experience.
* Public Accounting experience required.
* Working experience required using cloud-based, ERP accounting software (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
* Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Ability to maintain a regular work schedule.
* Must possess leadership qualities and management skills.
* Proven conflict prevention/resolution skills and techniques.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information.
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Preferred Education and Experience
* Manufacturing industry sector experience
* Certified Public Accountant License
* NetSuite ERP experience
This position is time sensitive. Please shoot me an email me with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Diana Gonzalez at 813-437-6877 and let's get a head start on your application process.
Anderson Frank is the leading NetSuite recruitment firm in the US advertising NetSuite roles more than any other agency. We deal with both NetSuite partners & End Users throughout the United States and we have never had more live requirements for NetSuite.