Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Salary: $110,000 - $125,000
Job title: Controller- Netsuite
Job Type: Permanent
The Controller is responsible for the overall establishment, supervision, and management of the financial operations of the Company. Functions included in this area are Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting, Audit Functions, Operational, Payroll and Tax Compliance.
In addition, the Controller will partner with the VP, Operations and Finance, senior leadership, and human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) staff to enhance and better integrate finance, HR and IT functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL REPORTING:
* Supervise and manage direct reports.
* Responsible for organizing and managing the financial functions.
* Completely accountable for the effective day-to-day operations and results of the financial function. Plan, organize and coordinate all activities of the accounting function to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all financial results for the organization.
* Develop and implement initiatives to improve accounting procedures and ensure that results are attained and quality standards are met.
* Monitor and improve financial internal controls
* Responsible for monitoring organizational financial trends through ongoing financial analysis and providing recommendations to improve operations and issue possible corrective actions.
* Responsible for review of payroll and reports by outside payroll service as well as deferred compensation benefits of the Executive VP. Ensure that all established policies and procedures are maintained and that the Vice President of Operations and Finance is aware of payroll discrepancies
* Maintain the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; review entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company's and established accounting principles; control all changes to chart of accounts and sub accounts. Responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
* Responsible for the maintenance of NetSuite, backup control, assisting accounting staff with questions and generating computer reports and statements.
* Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts; verify accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintain integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
* Responsible for maintaining fixed asset schedules and related depreciation on a monthly basis. Ensure accuracy of capitalization of expenses according to current accounting standards.
AUDIT & TAX:
* Responsible for preparation of the calendar year property tax return.
* Plan and prepare schedules, documentation, and information to be used in the year-end audit process.
* Responsible for preparation of the annual tax return for in conjunction with independent tax accountants
* Responsible for annual preparation and presentation of the Budget by working with and assist senior staff in the setting of financial goals and targets, setting deadlines and goals for budget users, review of budget input, and compilation of budget reports
* Responsible for the annual preparation and presentation of projected financial results
* Responsible for managing the Enterprise Spend Platform for commercial card and expense management
* Responsible for maintenance of treasury agreements and products with financial institutions
Requires advanced knowledge and experience in a specialized area of finance or broad general financial knowledge; typically requires a CPA or a business-related advanced degree and a minimum of eight years' experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others in a professional manner
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
* Experience with accounting applications and knowledge of computerized accounting systems
* Excellent skills with Microsoft office products
* General knowledge of payroll regulations, investment vehicles, and applicable tax laws
* Experience in not-for-profit accounting
* Ability to undertake relatively complex management tasks within the functional area with minimal supervision
* Ability to handle multiple, competing tasks and deadlines
The challenge of working in an emerging market and solving complex problems for our clients is a large one.
This position is time sensitive. Please shoot me an email me with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Diana Gonzalez at 813-437-6877 and let's get a head start on your application process.
Anderson Frank is the leading NetSuite recruitment firm in the US advertising NetSuite roles more than any other agency. We deal with both NetSuite partners & End Users throughout the United States and we have never had more live requirements for NetSuite.
By Specializing solely in placing candidates in the ERP market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the US and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and ERP jobs are. Anderson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are a part of Frank Recruitment Group, one of the most successful global recruitment businesses in the last 10 years and backed by private equity firm TPG Growth.