Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Salary: 85,000 - $95,000
Job title: Senior accountant CPA
Job Type: Permanent
A great opportunity has recently opened up to be a Senior accountant in the Atlanta area! My client is looking for a Senior accountant who is motivated, Self sufficient, and detail oriented who is looking to progress and grow your career within a fast-paced company who values its employee's and the work they put in. If this has caught your attention, this role was meant for YOU!
This company is looking for a Senior accountant that will play a key role in the integration of new companies - making sure that they are seamlessly and efficiently rolled into our business and accounting process You will also be responsible for assessment of all technical accounting matters, including post-acquisition purchase accounting, integration and revenue recognition. You will interact closely with members of the finance, corporate development and legal teams, along with independent auditors to ensure accurate reporting and full compliance with all external standards.
* Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
* Prepare reporting and consolidation to internal and external stakeholders
* Be responsible for post-acquisition accounting, including purchase accounting and other integration related activities
* Act as a resource for determining proper software revenue recognition for complex and/or non-standard contracts
* Review the impact of new or proposed accounting standards, interpretations or regulations
* Research technical accounting matters and assist in the preparation of technical accounting white papers as required
* Assist with external audits, including disclosures on technical accounting topics
* By assessing various technical accounting measures, you will make an important impact on our over 4,500 client base, which includes over half of the Fortune 500.
* Netsuite experience
* Minimum 3-5 years of progressive professional experience with public accounting and/or software industry experience preferred
* Experience with technical accounting, research and reporting from accounting systems
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP
* Strong Excel skills
* Minimal travel required to Sovos locations and events