Assistant Controller - Menlo Park - Salary $130k - Hiring Now!
Seeking experienced Accounting and Finance professionals with grants administrations experience to join a renowned non-profit in the Bay Area. Do you want to support an amazing company that is providing grants to innovative start-ups that are working to make the bay and ocean cleaner and better places to live? You will receive great benefits and an amazing culture when you join that is working towards doing more than just making money!
Essential duties Responsibilities:
* Ensure accounts payable, general ledger and bank reconciliation systems are maintained accurately and timely for multiple subsidiaries
* Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP
* Perform year-end close reporting
* Bring emerging issues to the attention of the Accounting Director, CFO and participate constructively in their resolution
* Provide support and back-up for payroll, grants administration, program reporting, and reconciliations
* Administer internal controls and audits of policies and procedures
* Ensure proper and timely recording and payment of grants payable, including compliance, multi-year tracking and expenditure responsibility reporting.
* Liaise with Operations and Program teams to optimize the workflow of 250+ grant transactions per year.
* Interface with grants management software (FLUXX) to integrate into existing accounting processes
* Record Keeping, Controls, and Documentation
* Maintain financial record keeping and internal controls consistent with best practices
* Responsible for audit and tax preparations and other year-end reporting
* Participate in the financial reporting, program management, budget/forecast preparation, and audit
* Support program management with decision-making and problem solving by effectively communicating with non-financial staff and providing concise and user-friendly spreadsheets and analysis
* Assist with financial management projects such as creating reports, expense analysis, budget/forecast projections, cash flow analysis or other types of financial analysis, modeling and decision support
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Ability to promote efficiency and innovation in our operations and deliver relevant financial information to end-users to measure success
* Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principals, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
* Knowledge of standard payroll laws, policies, procedures, and regulations
* Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously, with proven effective time management skills
* Ability and willingness to experiment and innovate to find ways to improve the overall effectiveness of the department
* Ability to utilize accounting software and to quickly learn new software applications
* Proficiency with computer usage, including email, internet and MS Office
* Proven ability to effectively communicate and interact professionally with diverse contacts, including grantees, vendors, and fellow team members
* Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
* Non-profit experience and/or volunteering experience strongly preferred
Looking to hire as soon as possible! A growing company in San Francisco seeking to fill their need with an experienced Accountant with NetSuite experience into their amazing culture. To discuss this or other NetSuite opportunities in the South Bay APPLY now by e-mailing your resume to Rickey McIlrath at email@example.com or call me at (480) 530-2054.
Anderson Frank International is the leading NetSuite recruitment firm in the US advertising more NetSuite roles any other agency. We deal with both NetSuite partners & End Users throughout the United States and we have never had more live requirements for NetSuite professionals.
By specializing solely in placing candidates in the ERP market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the US and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and NetSuite jobs are. Anderson Frank International Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
NetSuite / California / South Bay / Technical / Consultant / Developer / Administrator / ERP developer / ERP / NetSuite ERP / NetSuite CRM / NetSuite Ecommerce / Solutions / Administrator/ Partner / Accounting / CPA