Senior Accountant - Virginia
The global demand of Liquid natural gas has been steadily growing since the 1970s. Our client is a liquid natural gas company committed to environmental responsibility. Their goal is to be one of the cleanest natural gas companies in the industry.
We are seeking an Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. This position will be responsible for leading the revenue accounting function, creatine revenue journal entries, reconciliation and analysis, and as necessary, provide audit requests. This role requires a high level attention to detail is necessary to ensure all contracts are properly captured and revenue is recognized appropriately.
* Perform detailed monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
* Maintain various accounting schedules, including, but not limited to, prepaid and fixed assets, accruals, lease schedules, etc.
* Record monthly and quarterly journal entries to assist with the accounting close and financial statement preparation process
* Ensure accounting close deadlines are tracked and completed
* Prepare basic financial statements (e.g. income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, statement of equity) and footnote tables
* Document internal control activities and business process procedures
* Respond to auditor requests that arise during the year-end audit, and quarterly reviews
* Remain current with accounting and financial reporting developments; apply any changes in authoritative guidance as needed
* Research technical accounting matters as needed
* Other duties as required and assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting
* CPA preferred
* 2+ years of experience in an audit or other accounting related role (Big 4 experience a plus)
* General understanding of GAAP
* General understanding of internal controls (SOX experience a plus)
* Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work; strong sense of urgency
* Superior attention to detail and ability to problem solve, work independently, and consistently meet deadlines
* Strong analytical and mathematical skills
* Strong communication skills (written and oral)
* Excellent proficiency in Excel
* Experience with NetSuite (accounting system), and Concur (expense reporting system) a plus
If you meet the necessary qualifications and want the opportunity to further expand your NetSuite career then don't wait to apply! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 718-878-3446.
Anderson Frank International is the leading ERP recruitment firm in the US advertising more ERP/NetSuite roles any other agency. We deal with both NetSuite partners & End Users throughout the United States and we have never had more live requirements for NetSuite professionals.
By specializing solely in placing candidates in the ERP market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the US and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and ERP jobs are. Anderson Frank International Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.