Job title: Revenue Supervisor
Travel Requirements: No travel required
Salary: 85,000 yearly
An Anderson Frank clients located in austin is currently lookign for a Revenue superviosr. This client are in the software industry so previous SAAS or software experience is a huge plus!
* Compile the revenue package for upper management review on a monthly basis; inclusive of summary of monthly revenue, forecast versus actuals, etc.
* Assist Shared Service Center (SSC) revenue team to analyze, record and close revenue for assigned areas when needed
* Maintain deferred revenue schedules and recognition of revenue against agreements
* Maintain monthly account reconciliations and General Ledger (GL) activities
* Review contract agreements when needed during the negotiation phase and after contract execution to determine appropriate revenue recognition, based on E2open revenue recognition policy and US GAAP
* Assist legal, sales, and FP&A team to answer revenue recognition questions during contract composition and review
* Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts, including assurance of accurate and timely results and preparation of auditable revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations
* Ensure that the forecasting team is updated in a timely manner based on new contracts or changes in recognition based on US GAAP analysis
* Prepare analytical review of revenue-related accounts for reporting purposes
* Coordinate and obtain required support for our external auditors, provide support in a timely manner, and address any questions
* Lead integration efforts for all newly acquired mergers and acquisitions in relation to the OTC team.
* Assist with project implementation of new revenue accounting system and new revenue accounting standard (ASC 606)
* Manage and complete any additional ad hoc projects given by management team
Background and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a college or university in a business related field (Finance or Accounting preferred) plus a minimum of 5 years related experience,
* Extensive experience in US GAAP revenue recognition for software companies
* Accounting experience in a Big 4 preferred,
* Experience in application of revenue recognition pronouncements and guidance
* Software company experience, VSOE/BESP experience preferred
* Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired such as Microsoft Great Plains (GP), Oracle's Netsuite, Sales Force, OpenAir & QuickBooks