Accounting Manager - Chevy Chase, MD - 8% Bonus!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the daily administration of the Accounting Department. This includes responsibility for month and quarter close, as well as periodic production of financial statements. The objective of this position is to manage all accounting and treasury functions, ensure financial reporting complies with regulatory standards, and provide senior management with information to make decisions and develop resourceful solutions.
* Maintain a solid understanding of all aspects of the business and the related impact in the company's accounting, controls, procedures and processes.
* Manage a team of 4 accounting staff, including performance management and appraisal.
* Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
* Ensure proper authorization and accurate recording of all transactions.
* Compute monthly net capital calculation and prepare Focus and other regulatory reports for filing.
* Record financial transactions via journal entries, including month-end close process.
* Perform moderately complex analyses (commissions, rebates, accruals, etc.) and prepare monthly account reconciliations in support of the financial statements.
* Perform variance analyses and P/L reporting.
* Assist with the preparation and administration of the annual budget, monitor and evaluate budget variances, periodic comparisons to budget, as well as periodic operating forecasts.
* Manage the annual financial audit and outside preparation of tax returns.
* Ad-Hoc reporting and special projects as required by Senior Management.
* Liaise with parent company to ensure reporting requirements are met.
* Provide support to all levels of management requesting financial information and analysis.
* Implement and maintain departmental policies and procedures in relation to the technical functions of the accounting department.
* Design and develop financial reporting formats.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong knowledge of accounting processes, general ledger, payroll, and budgeting
* Strong, concise written and oral communication skills.
* Highly detailed oriented and organized in work with strong analytical skills.
* Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction and able to meet objectives.
* Ability to interact, work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff at all levels.
* Good project management & planning skills with willingness to take initiatives and follow through on projects.
* Ability to provide leadership and engage co-workers toward teamwork.
* Ability to take initiative by identifying problems, conceptualizing resolutions, and implementing change.
* Ability to travel as necessary.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5+ years of accounting experience.
* Broker Dealer Experience
* FINRA Filing Focus
* Working knowledge of GAAP
* Prior experience working in financial services industry.
* FINRA Series 27, or ability to obtain in six months
* CPA certification desired.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel including cell formatting, VLOOKUP, filters and Pivot Tables.
* Experience with working with large amounts of data.
* Experience with NetSuite and Oracle desired.
* Strong project management and planning skills.
Apply Now by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chris at 212.731.8272 for more details about this exciting opportunity.
Anderson Frank is the leading NetSuite recruitment firm in the US advertising NetSuite roles more than any other agency. We deal with both NetSuite partners & End Users throughout the United States and we have never had more live requirements for NetSuite professionals.
By specializing solely in placing candidates in the ERP market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the US and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and ERP jobs are. Anderson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are a part of Frank Recruitment Group, one of the most successful global recruitment businesses in the last 10 years and backed by private equity firm TPG Growth.