Senior Revenue Accountant - $85,000 - $95,000 - Arlington, VA
Cultivate and develop amazing career growth with my client. This company ranked in the top 100 on Forbe's list of America's best mid size companies and the top 50 for innovative growth.
Through guidance of the Director of Revenue who will receive training on how to manage your own team of Revenue Accountants while maintaining the companies solid accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate data. The company plans to create a Manger of Revenue Recognition position in which this senior revenue accountant will be promoted to by September 2021.
This is an opportunity you don't want to miss!
Role & Responsibilities
* Responsible for performing various month-end/quarter-end close activities to meet monthly revenue accounting close deadlines. These include, but are not limited to, RevPro administration, revenue allocations, various analysis, journal entry preparation and submission, account reconciliations, royalty payable analysis, special project work as needed.
* Preparing quarterly detailed analysis of revenue transactions, to ensure compliance with ASC 606 revenue recognition criteria.
* Performing technical accounting research on revenue recognition related topics.
* Contract review, analysis, and summary.
* Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls for revenue recognition.
* Global ownership of on-going SSP testing and compliance.
*Participate in evaluating revenue recognition and process implications of new commercial models.
* Assist in maintenance of the revenue recognition policy and keep the policy updated for changes in the business or for new product lines.
* Interact with external audit relative to contract reviews and revenue recognition (accounting/controls), globally
* Liaison with external auditors to discuss new arrangements and technical accounting issues for revenue.
* Develop and refine internal controls for revenue processes to ensure compliance and financial statement accuracy.
* Special projects and ad hoc reports as requested.
* Actively identify opportunities for process improvement or operational automation in existing system infrastructure.
Skills & Qualifications
* You have experience with NetSuite ERP and Salesforce.com
* You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
* You have at least 4+ years of hands-on experience in revenue operations
* You're a self-starter with the ability to think creatively, solution unexpected issues and work independently to meet deadlines
* You have time management skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities appropriately
* You have excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
* You have analytical skills and leans towards challenging the status quo