NetSuite Senior Accountant | $80,000-$90,000 | D.C.
My Client is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. If you are an energetic self-starter who is looking to grow quickly, taking on more responsibility as you improve your accounting and business skills, look no further!
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Accounting to support our accounting, tax, budget, and financial reporting functions. A successful candidate must demonstrate attention to detail and have excellent accounting and record-keeping skills.
They offer competitive pay, fitness incentives, and a well balanced work/life mix!
* Managing the accounting for multiple entities, funds and portfolio of projects, including financial reporting, management of cash flows during construction phase (billing and invoicing customer, paying vendors, etc.), recording related revenues and cost of goods sold, etc.
* Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
* Performing monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations.
* Managing monthly journal entries and schedules for multiple entities.
* Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
* Assisting with month-end and year-end close procedures, including consolidation, for multiple entities.
* Managing maintenance and updating of our accounting software.
* Researching technical accounting literature.
* Assisting with creation, refinement and implementation of accounting policies & procedures.
* Helping develop internal processes, metrics, and business decision-making as part of a nimble team.
* You'll also have the chance to work in other areas that your or we identify as important for building the team and our business.
* NetSuite ERP
* Highly energetic and willing to learn new tasks quickly
* Hard-working and able to prioritize a large task load in a fast paced environment
* Deadline oriented
* Self-Starter, hands-on, with careful attention to detail
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Highly proficient with Excel
* An undergraduate degree (MS in Accounting or BA) and 3+ years of experience as a staff or public accountant is required
* Sage (or similar accounting software) experience will shorten your learning curve
* Superuser experience or implementation of NetSuite experience is preferred
* FP&A and Budgeting experience is preferred
* Renewable/Solar energy experience is a plus
* Strong Excel Skills
* Tax experience preferred
* Big 4 experience, and/or a CPA preferred