Excellent computer skills, particularly in the use of MS Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Data Tables). Understanding of processes and the relationship to a strong internal controls environment. Ability to quickly learn and utilize enterprise resource planning (ERP) financial systems and tools such as QBO / Netsuite. Good organizational and program oriented skills in meeting timelines and working toward common finance goals by setting priorities and working within deadlines.
The Accountant plays an integral role in the efficient operations of the business. He/she will have a strong understanding of AR and AP processes and can communicate effectively with cross-functional team members. And ideal candidate has experience in fashion with knowledge of both e-commerce and wholesale channels.
This position reports into the CEO.
Overview of Responsibilities
· Manage the preparation / review of month-end journal entries and account reconciliations in Quickbooks and Netsuite.
- Submit EDI invoices, ASNs, etc.
- Use Bill.com, Expensify, Avalara, Netsuite, Quickbooks, Gusto.
· Collections responsibilities for both international and domestic clients as follows:
· Preparing proforma invoices to be provided to customers.
· Communicate with clients by email and phone in order to expedite payment of invoices and prepay orders.
· Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients' billing issues
· Get support from other team members within the organization to expedite collections for slow pay customers.
· Responsible for approving and holding orders and managing credit limits for customers.
· Send letters to customers to confirm balance showing on our aging reports as needed.
· Receive and manage AP material through centralized email system
· Manage acceptance of new vendor process with related W9 and wire instructions and upload the information to QuickBooks and support submission of 1099s.
· File soft copy of invoices and AP related material.
· Input/validate invoices in QuickBooks.
· Match pre-approved purchasing orders (PO) in ERP system against actual invoices and reconcile.
· Support other accounts payable responsibilities such as credit cards recording.
· Apply and post cash transactions to open AR and open AP.
· Support forecasting/budgeting process as needed.
· Preparation of cash reconciliations.
· Support accounting department in various month-end close processes such as preparation of accounting, preparation of account reconciliations and posting of journal entries.
· B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in a retail environment preferred
· Thorough understanding of GAAP including new pronouncements
· Strong written and verbal English skills
· Strong command of Microsoft Excel
· Ability to problem solve and work independently
· Experience with Quickbooks and ERP systems such as Netsuite
Job Type: Full-time
Paid Time Off
Monday to Friday
ERP Systems: 3 years (Required)
Accounts Payable: 3 years (Required)
Accounting: 3 years (Required)
Accounts Receivable: 3 years (Required)
Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative