A client of ours is looking for an experienced NetSuite Cost Accounting Manger.
Established in the 1900's this food and beverage company has grown and transformed to meet the needs of it's customers.
* Design and implement cost accounting processes that provide the most relevant information regarding the manufacturing, procurement process, and inventory custodianship
* Drive internal control enhancements and improvements and ensure compliance
* Generate continuous improvement opportunities and deliver enhanced processes
* Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for SOX controls.
* Work closely with manufacturing, operations and sales to monitor inventory issues and provide accounting management relevant information for determination of lower of cost or market assessments
* Develop processes to update and monitor monthly standard costs of materials.
* Analyze actual manufacturing costs and report on variances from standard costs, understanding root cause and corrective actions.
* Calculate conversion costs using process and activity-based costing concepts.
* Participate in bill of material and item setup and monitor for updates.
* Analysis and distribution of KPI reports (cost per lb, shrink variances)
* Review and prepare clear and concise inventory reconciliations, including General Ledger entries when appropriate.
* Work directly with auditors during year-end audit.
* Understand procurement processes and monitor costs and purchase price variances.
* Provide financial support to other departments (budgeting, forecasting, special projects, etc.).
* Oversee inventory counts and audits.
* Other ad hoc assignments/projects requiring in-depth accounting and analysis as assigned by management
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* CPA or CMA strongly preferred
* Hands on expertise with activity-based costing in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong knowledge of GAAP for inventory and manufacturing.
* Strong knowledge of proper Internal Controls- SOX compliant control system a plus.
* Experience with ERP systems (JD Edwards Enterprise One or NetSuites ideally)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage a team or a project and participate as a leader
* Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace under deadline pressures
* Proven ability to work with all levels of an organization.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills.