Cost Accounting Manager, Manufacturing plant, $110k, Ft. Lauderdale
* $110k base salary + performance bonus
* 401k and medical benefits
About the Company
A niche manufacturing company with a 50+ years old history is looking for a Cost Accounting Manager to oversee one of their growing manufacturing plants. The organization has a stable customer base that has kept them well-positioned in the market during tough times.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the overall operational accounting, costing and financial analysis activities of the manufacturing facility. As a Cost Accounting Manager, you will lead a team of 3 accountants and be responsible for:
* month-end close process and cost analysis
* evaluating the financial performance of the plant - analyze spending trends and variances to budget
* providing insight to operations on metrics such as scrap, cost of quality, labour, inventory fluctuations and obsolescence
* building and refining annual Plant Budget and Ongoing Forecasts
* partnering with Commercial Team on sales budget and with plant management to develop capacity requirements by work centre, along with expense, capital and inventory budgets
* presenting the metrics to senior management and participate in developing financial strategy
* working closely with external partners like banks and auditors
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
* CPA qualification is preferred
* 5 years of accounting experience specifically within the manufacturing sector
* Process improvement experience specifically in creating an efficient costing methodology
* NetSuite experience will be preferred
* High level of integrity, confidentiality and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
The organization has multiple manufacturing facilities and a client base spread across US. They offer growth opportunities, stability and a healthy work-life balance.
Apply today for a confidential conversation.