SEC Reporting Analyst, growing health-care organization, Miami $85k
SEC Reporting Analyst
What Company Offers
* Performance bonus
Performance-based career progression opportunity within reasonable timelines
* Flexible work schedule & ability to work remotely
Retirement plan and competitive health insurance cost
* Generous Paid time off
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be responsible for reporting on the company's financial results including the development of financial analyses and assisting with researching, organizing and completing various Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) documents to assist company management in their decision-making processes and to ensure financial information is accurate and in compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and SEC regulations. Your key job duties will be to:
* Perform monthly, quarterly and annual analyses, including clear and concise narratives, on balance sheet and income statement accounts to provide insight on the financial results of the company's operations and assist leadership in making planning and control decisions.
* Assist in organizing and drafting SEC documents such as the 10Q and 10K including financial statements, financial statement footnotes and Management Discussion and Analysis using financial schedules prepared by other functional groups and disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
* Participate in the preparation of audits and prequalification forms as required to ensure deadlines are met and financial information is accurate.
* Assist with ad-hoc analyses and research of accounting literature, as requested by management, including monitoring and participating as a key contributor on projects to implement new rules and regulations proposed, or under review, by accounting standards setting bodies such as the Financial Accounting Standard Board (FASB) and SEC to analyze the impact on company operations.
* Collaborate with other departments to coordinate and compile financial reports to present information in a clear and concise manner to resolve specific questions, provide insight into company operations and enable decision making.
* Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of data entry methods, new reports and / or report writing databases to improve the accuracy of financial data, efficiency of the reporting process and allow for timely and in-depth analysis of company operations.
* Document processes and procedures used in the development of reports to ensure consistency and reporting accuracy.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management required
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
* At least 2 years' experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and corporate accounting / SEC reporting required
* Prior experience working collaboratively with various department and groups within the corporate organization or with client company
To expedite your application process, please forward your resume to me at email@example.com