Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the financial statements are prepared accurately and timely, reviewing financial reporting as well as sales and margin reporting. You will also be involved with many other operational areas of finance including inventory management, customer pricing, protecting margins, controlling operational costs, controlling fixed assets, ensuring processes and procedures are followed, ensuring DOT compliance, oversight of payroll, etc.
What You Will Do:
* Manage the month end close process and ensure financial statements accurately reflect the results of the region
* Responsible for daily cash position
* Manage accounts receivable, make credit decisions, collections and setup new customers
* Manage accounts payable and oversee weekly payment process
* Handle fixed assets - Maintain fixed asset register, properly record additions/disposals
* Review and approve payroll timecard and payroll registers
* Audit - Assist HQ with the annual financial audit, sales tax audits, etc.
* Purchasing and inventory management and ensure there is sufficient inventory while maximizing turns
* Oversee sales reporting and ensure sales reports and review regularly with sales
* Issue operations reports and review regularly with operations
What You Have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* CPA/CMA is a plus
* 3-4 years of public accounting experience OR 5-10 years of experience working in the manufacturing or distribution industry