Accounting Manager Job Description:
With a focus on innovation, this company distributes products worldwide under their brand. They are seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team and report directly to the CFO.
* Proficient in NetSuite ERP and Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skills)
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field (MBA or Master's degree in accounting, finance, economics or equivalent a plus)
* Manufacturing or Distribution industry experience is preferred.
* Sound understanding of general accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
* 3+ years prior work experience as an Accounting Manager
* Responsible for leading daily operations in company-wide general accounting
* Manage transactional accounting - A/R and A/P functions
* Assist with Month-end and Year-end closing and reconciliation duties; prepare, review and input monthly journal entries; assist with completion of balance sheet reconciliation and other financial reports
* The candidate will possess a strong background in accounting, including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) knowledge, should be well-organised, exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and have the ability to take initiative and prioritise daily tasks.
* Review vendor files and issue 1099 forms to vendors that need to be reported at calendar year-end; participate in Physical Inventory review
* Track inventory and COGS
* Managed fixed assets and depreciation
* Assist with the preparation of all necessary financial reports as well as the administration of all audits, analyses, and customer support