This position will have exposure and interaction with global operations, with the potential to travel to different subsidiaries.
This position can either be filled on site in Lancashire or home-based within the UK.
The Global Financial Controller will report directly to the Director of Finance based in the USA. The Global Financial Controller will be part of the international accounting team with each member based in a different subsidiary. On a day to day, the Global Financial Controller will work on reviewing company financials to ensure they are all in order.
* Month-end closing process: Prepare journal entries, monthly account reconciliations, report analysis, and bank account reconciliations
* Inter-company eliminations of related party transactions
* Exchange rate and multi-currency transaction reconciliation
* Local Bookkeeping and Banking
* Preparation of consolidated monthly financial statements, account analysis, and cash flow statements
* Assistance in the preparation of the annual budget, sales forecasting, gross margin analysis, and standard cost development
* Support of the accounting department and performance of other accounting functions including AR and AP, as well as cost accounting support regarding manufacturing.
* Learning the functionalities of the software system to understand processes and prepare reports
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, CPA a plus
* 5+ years' work experience with a manufacturing company or cost accounting would be a plus
* Knowledge of NetSuite One World systems desired
* Proficiency in Excel required
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with attention to detail required
* Must be highly motivated and a team player who can also work independently