The Senior Accountant will be responsible for journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliation, maintaining prepaids, approving A/P, monitor A/R and record and manage accruals.
Assist with the month-end closing process, very involved with the financial statement preparation and analysis, complex account and balance sheet reconciliations, closing journal entries and posts accrual entries. Accounting/ Finance Department including budget review and analysis. Review and approve all accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and employee reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
* Prepare financial statements, Cash Flow and P&L analysis
* Responsible for fixed assets and depreciations schedules
* Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
* Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
* Assist with budget preparation and variance analysis, audits and other accounting projects in the office
* Record payroll and payroll related transactions.
* Review and process credit card reconciliation ensuring the receipts are submitted by cardholders on monthly basis.
* Prepare S&U tax returns and business property tax providing transaction review support.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
* 5-7 years' experience with financial statement analysis, budgeting, reconciliations and payroll
* 2 years' experience in preparing S&U tax returns for various states
* Foreign currency transactions/recording is a plus
* NetSuite experience