* Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
* Strong organizational skills
* Advanced MS Excel skills
* Ability to communicate complex data clearly.
* Excellent data entry skills
* Prior experience in Jr. Accountant role with a medium-size business
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
* Timeliness and accuracy of monthly billings, entering and paying vendor invoices and performing month-end closing tasks.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting preferred.
* 4+ years in accounting field
* Knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures and the ability to apply such knowledge to accounting transactions.
* Must be able to safely access and navigate the operations and production areas as needed.
* Balance ledgers, reconcile accounts, and prepare reports to show receipts, expenditures, accounts receivable, and payable.
* Follow accounting procedures established by the organization.
* Create financial transactions and generate reports from that information.
* Prepare weekly and monthly journal entries.
* Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts to Sub-ledger.
* Assist with Fixed Asset Roll-forward Reconciliation
* Purchase Order Receiving Reconciliation through our ERP System
* Accrued Purchases / GRNI (Good Received Not Invoiced) reconciliation
* Perform Inventory Counts / Cycle Counts
* Data Entry - bank transactions, deposits, journal entries.
* Accurate invoice coding to proper GL accounts.
* Investigate invoice discrepancies.
* Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
* Prepare monthly financial reports.
* Conduct Accounts Receivables payments application / customer deposits application
* Assist with Audit requests
* Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
* Assist Controller in the preparation of monthly closings.
* Suggest ways to improve performance of accounting department
* Handling taxation issues and preparing tax reports monthly
* Medical, dental and vision offerings
* Company paid Short-term & Long-term Disability
* Paid time off in addition to paid holidays
* Employee Referral Program
* Bright Ideas Program