My client is looking for an experienced General Ledger Accountant hire for a short-term contract with one of our clients based in the Houston area. This role will be hybrid, Monday and Friday remote, in office Tuesday-Thursday, and will not require travel.
Some of the tasks in this job will entail:
* Support in preparing the Monthly Financial Inventory Report.
* Help with the reporting of Monthly End Financial Statements.
* Support in reconciling Deposits and Inventory.
* Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
* Prepare and document journal entries and reconciliations relating to balance sheet accounts
* Aid in preparing for the year end audit.
* 1099s Clean Up
* Assist with the SURL Analysis report clean up
* Help with cleaning up Master Data (Purchase Orders, Items, Bills) for NetSuite ERP Implementation.
* Contribute to continuous improvement of processes and workflow quality
* Perform full cycle accounting including preparation of general ledger journal entries and accounting schedules for both internal and external financial reporting
* Collaborate closely with the team to constantly improve our processes and best practices
* Provide and receive regular, well-considered, constructive feedback on accounting issues and all aspects of your interactions with the team
Experience & Education Requirements
* Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
* 3+ years of experience as a Staff Accountant
* 4+ years of experience using NetSuite
* Experience creating custom forms and fields in NetSuite
* Demonstrate a sound understanding with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Houston, Texas