Controller - Wichita, KS
This position is responsible for coordinating, administering, and controlling financial and compliance operations for the company's management company, real estate business, and passive investment business. Additionally, the position will perform and oversee all weekly, monthly, and annual financial reporting needs as well as prepare and maintain annual financial forecasts.
Beyond the required financial reporting requirements of the position, we expect the candidate to handle the financial and administrative aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control, and reporting to the myriad of state and federal regulators we engage with.
Further detail on the responsibilities of the position is defined below:
- Continue to develop and maintain the Company's financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the Company's relationships and covenants with financial institutions, suppliers and
- Manage all accounting functions including, but not limited to: General Ledger, Accounts Payable,
Accounts Receivable, Costing, and Billing.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and analyze the financial results.
- Oversee and coordinate the financial planning, forecasting and budgeting process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong accounting technical skills.
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Experienced in accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, multiple entities, inventory
control, inventory costing and sales, use, excise tax payments
- Self-managed and able to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Demonstrated mentoring, coaching, organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical skills with particular attention to detail.
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as
experience with Accounting software, is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field
- CPA preferred