The Senior Accountant position reports directly to the Corporate Controller. This position provides support and answers questions from all other departmental managers/supervisors. The Sr. Accountant will assist the Corporate Controller in month-end closings, Internal Controls, and Cost Accounting.
II. Duties & Responsibilities
* The primary function is General Ledger Accounting.
* Provide accounting support to the Controller; and back up critical functions.
* Prepare Audit & Tax schedules.
* Participate in the Annual Plant inventory.
* Assist Accounting Manager in the Monthly closing cycle and coordinate subledger closings of AP & AR.
* Ownership of Payroll GL recording & Fixed Assets.
* Assist in developing policies and procedures with the Controller.
* Multi-Company Balance Sheet Reconciliations & P&L Account Analysis.
* Standard & ad-hoc reporting.
* Train on new processes and assist in project implementations.
* Provide guidance to the operations group through financial & cost analysis and data that impacts decision-making.
* Other functions and duties as the position evolves, including special projects as needed.
* Provide support/technical guidance to the AR & AP team.
* Act as a back-up for the Accounting Manager handling critical functions.
III. Required Education & Experience
* BA/BS in Accounting, MS (Acct), or CPA preferred required.
* experience in a financial corporate or manufacturing environment.
* Well-versed in GAAP accounting, especially accrual accounting.
* Experience with financial ERP system (NetSuite preferred) required & MS Office suite
* Experience with and knowledge of:
* Bank reconciliations.
* Payroll, tax & 401(K) entries for GL.
* Fixed Asset movements.
* GL journal entries.
* Payroll account reconciliations, Headcount Report.
* Payroll liabilities reconciliations for AP Vendor Set-up.
* SG&A reports & inquiries.
* Account Analysis-Month end & ad hoc.
* Inter-Company accounting.
The Senior Accountant position offers a competitive salary ranging from $80,000 to $100,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience.