This is a 40 hr/week temp-to-hire AP/AR position and is hybrid with 2 days per week onsite at their office in Brooklyn, NY. This person will need to support team in key accounting functions during month end close, including revenue recognition, daily bank/credit card transactions, fixed asset accounting, inventory accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, accruals, etc.
Role & Responsibilities
* Support team in the implementation of accounting and financial reporting systems, and continually assess systems to meet the company's growth needs
* Assist in the implementation of accounting best practices across new and existing processes and procedures, specifically focusing on optimization and the reduction of manual processes
* Collaborate cross-functionally to support key company initiatives across the organization
* Remain current on industry-specific accounting standards, guidance, and trends
* Work with team on ad hoc projects, as needed
* Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
* Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and compare system reports to balances
* Review invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
* Perform 3-way match verification process.
* Execute credit card and bank account reconciliation
* Generate purchase orders when necessary
* Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts payable process
* Assist in managing Outsourced AP team and Bill.com process
* Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared
* Own the customer invoicing process for multiple sales channels from creating, reviewing, and sending both automated and manual invoices on a regular basis.
* Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits, updating and distribution of cash receipt logs, and posting of cash to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
* Monitor and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via telephone, email, and mail
* Prepare analytical and ratio analyses relevant to A/R so management can gain a better understanding of how collection efforts are progressing
* Research and dispute open claims and chargebacks/deductions.
* Review vendor guides and communicate possible non-compliance issues with internal/external teams; and make recommendations to clients to improve processes to reduce chargebacks.
Skills & Qualifications
* 3+ years of professional accounting experience
* Retail chargeback experience required
* Previous experience in the D2C/retail industry preferred
* Strong written and verbal communication abilities
* High proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; experience with G-suite preferred
* Expert multi-tasker, able to assist on multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and produce quality deliverables within tight time frames
* Ability and willingness to adapt in a quickly and efficiently rapidly changing, start-up environment
* Experience with NetSuite preferred
* Bill.com experience is a plus
The client is interviewing this week and is looking to fill the position ASAP. If you are interested in this position please apply immediately as this role will not be available for long!
To learn more about the opportunity please contact Alana at 646.415.8988 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anderson Frank International is the global leader for NetSuite recruitment, advertising more NetSuite jobs than any other agency. We deal with both NetSuite Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the NetSuite market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a supreme understanding of where the best opportunities and NetSuite jobs are.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any NetSuite candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the NetSuite market, some of the opportunities, and NetSuite jobs that are available I can be contacted on 646.415.8988. Please see www.andersonfrank.com for more fantastic NetSuite opportunities!
Anderson Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.