100% Remote Opportunity
Summary of Role
This role will serve as the ERP system (Oracle Netsuite) subject matter expert supporting the Accounting and Finance functions to ensure processes, procedures, structure and access rights within the company's ERP system are properly designed and controlled to support the timely and accurate reporting of financial results. This includes any interfaces between external systems (i.e. Salesforce, payment systems) and the ERP system and any efforts to modify or automate ERP system functionality. This person will be part of a growing and agile accounting team and will be called upon to support other functions of our accounting practices as needed. If you're someone who likes to make an impact, then this position will enable you to add value and collaborate with a team in a fast pace environment.
* Able to work in rapidly changing environments
* Eager to identify and work to solve complex problems
* Proactive desire to develop detailed understanding of system structure, functionality and controls
Strategic and Tactical
* Proactively engage with operations and IT management to stay current with strategic initiatives that may impact the ERP system
* Ensure full and optimal utilization of ERP system capabilities and functionality
* Ensure all new and/or modifications to interfaces between the ERP system and external systems are evaluated, mapped, and tested for proper control and functionality
* Establish and participate in formalized processes related to system implementations to ensure appropriate controls are designed and in place both as part of the design and implementation process and in the resulting system process and functionality.
* Analyze processes, risks, and controls related to the company's ERP system to identify improvement opportunities, recommend actions that are pragmatic and achievable, and partner with management to resolve deficiencies.
* Establish and maintain detailed process documentation and workflows to ensure proper understanding of system interfaces and data flows.
* Proactively provide insightful recommendations across functions to improve internal control procedures, increase audit efficiencies, and drive process optimization focusing on system operations, change management, security and access rights, financial applications, and interfaces with external adjacent technologies.
* Support and educate employees on systems internal control compliance, including assisting IT with control requirements to mitigate risk.
* Coordinate user access reviews, monitoring controls, and SOC report assessments including providing guidance and recommendations to ensure compliance with corporate standards and SOX requirements.
* Serve as ERP administrator for accounting needs such as changes to account structure and mapping, opening/close of accounting ledgers and subledgers, and evaluation and granting of ERP access rights.
* Develop and validate various system reports to be used for accounting and/or auditing purposes.