This Accounting Manager is a key role within this growing Real Estate Corporation. Role will involve partnership with business leaders across Corporation and working closely with the Corporate Controller. Oversee several properties across the US and manage a team of bright accounting professionals. Strong leadership, written and verbal communication will be expected, as will the ability to juggle multiple projects on tight timelines.
What You'll Do
* Manage a team of accountants and oversee accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting
* Develop technical accounting capability to ensure revenue and property accounting are supported the proper documentation
* Handle and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in accordance with GAAP
* Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting
* Support internal and external audit responsibilities, client specific audits, etc.
* Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
* Mentor a high performing team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of transparency and accuracy.
What You'll Have
* 8+ years in Accounting, with at least 2+ years of management experience
* 2+ years of Real Estate / Property Management Industry experience required
* Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting or finance. CPA is a plus.
* Know how to lead and develop a Corporate Accounting function in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
* Impressive analytical, quantitative, and communication skills.
* Expert when it comes to Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, SUMiFs, etc.) and experience working with Accounting / ERP Systems
* Have solid accounting knowledge (including GAAP).
You'll Love This Role If You
* Are energized about building a young company and comfortable working in a fast-past changing environment
* Enjoy playing a key role and want to be part of the company's success.
* Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture