Responsible for working closely with both the financial and operations teams to provide accounting support as well as accumulate and analyze data. The Assistant Controller will work directly with the Controller and assist in preparing weekly, monthly and annual financial reports as well as account reconciliations and analysis. The Assistant Controller will also learn the processes for accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, pricing, and be a backup for these areas.
The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Controller.
* Prepare weekly labor analysis reports and weekly 'flash' of the P&L
* Review weekly outstanding AP for check selection
* Assist with preparation of monthly financial reporting package
* Assist external auditors with annual audit of the financials
* Be a backup for running our pricing model and respond to customer pricing requests in a timely manner as needed.
* Use various data analytic tools (Power BI, Power Apps, and /or Dynamics Business Central)
* Obtain detailed understanding of our current ERP system and assist with any implementation of a new ERP system
* Assist with other key daily, weekly, and monthly reports
* Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with strong Data Analytics and IT coursework.
Microsoft Excel-advanced skills at a minimum, database experience a plus.
2-3 years' experience in an accounting/analytics field. Public accounting experience.
CPA is a plus.
· Proficiency in understanding financial statements and accounting processes
· Proficiency in data analytics
· Problem Solving/Analysis.
· Communication Proficiency.
· Time Management.
· Technical Capacity.
· Learning Orientation
· Independent thinker /Self-Starter
· This job operates in a professional office environment.
· This position may require some time in the production area as needed for purposes of gathering data for analytics. The production area is a cold, damp environment with temperatures between 36F TO 50F
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: up to 100K per year + 20% - 30% Bonus
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
Schedule: 8-5 Mon - Fri with minimal overtime as needed
* $50-55 million company, expected to hit $65 million this year
* Grew from $8 million in 2015 and 80 people to now almost 350 people
* Core team comprises of 11 people including
o 1 head of procurement, 1-2 sales people, 1 person in warehouse, 1 plant manager, CEO, QA (health and safety), Controller, head of logistics, 2 in finance, shipping lead
o IT/ERP position integrates all of the teams, less IT more FinTech/Business Application
* 95% of staff is primarily Spanish speaking
* Food and beverage distribution company
o NetSuite is heavy in inventory, warehousing, shipping, distribution, procurement, supply chain, order management