For over forty years, SBH has stood as a pillar of charity and volunteerism in the community. Although the organization itself has grown exponentially since its inception in May 1974, its core values of selflessness and responsibility have never wavered. SBH has been dedicated to the caring of those less fortunate. It is the shoulder to cry on, the lifeline, the answer to your calls for help. To care for your neighbor as if they are your brother, to give with compassion, discretion and respect, asking for nothing in return. The breadth and depth of our programs and services now reach each and every family and individual. SBH is a dynamic social services organization devoted to providing meaningful and caring assistance to those in need.
Role & Responsibilities
* SBH Community Service Network is looking to add a capable, passionate and driven individual to join our team.
* Accounts payable associates will be responsible for entering all vendor/client check requests into the accounting system.
* Process payments via Checks/ACH/Wires on a bi weekly basis recording it in NetSuite accounting system.
* Be able to clear communicate with vendors or SBH employees regarding the payment structure/submission process.
* Be able to identify general ledger accounts that are associated with each payment.
* Understand an accrual and reclass journal entries process.
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor degree in accounting
* Experience with nonprofit accounting practices and procedures highly preferred
* Knowledge of GAAP and internal control systems
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritizing workflow to meet deadlines and paying exceptionally close attention to detail
* Familiarity with the orthodox Jewish population
* SBH Community Service Network is offering comprehensive and competitive benefits package, informal, collegial, and professional work environment with an emphasis on work/life balance.
* Healthcare, Vision, Dental, PTO