My client is looking for a Senior Accountant with NetSuite experience to join the team. Preferably someone near Portland, Or or Vancouver, WA. Please find details on the postion below!
* Performs monthly close and grows into leading the close process
* Reconcile general ledger accounts
* Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department
* Helps create accounting cycles and standard processes
* Creates reporting and financial information for key personnel, and internal/external stakeholders.
* Maintains and enhances internal controls to ensure compliance with financial legislation, policies, and procedures
* Invoice customers accurately
* Maintain customer tax exemption information
* Resolve billing problems and accounts receivable delinquencies, applying good customer service in a timely manner
* Respond to customer questions or inquiries regarding problems with their accounts
* Proactively verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors
* Lead effort to automate billing process
* Monitoring and collection of past-due balances
* Make appropriate decisions on account activity consistent with approved authority levels
* Maintain trackers and reporting
* Provide initial dispute resolution and escalate unresolved issues appropriately
* Customer account research & analysis to create solutions to mitigate future problems and accounts with chronic issues
Other Job Duties:
* Reconcile monthly bank statements for checking, investment and credit card accounts
* Assist with other projects as needed
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
* Must have strong work ethics, be detail oriented, reliable, a self-starter, and have a professional attitude
* Possess strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
* Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
* Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis, multi-tasking skills, writing skills, , attention to detail, thoroughness, and verbal communication.
* Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
* Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
* Ability to work independently and will a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
* Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
* Capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
Education & Experience
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, CPA is a plus
* 5+ years of accounting experience
* Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, NetSuite Accounting Software
* Complete medical & dental coverage starting at 90% employer paid premiums for single coverage.
* Safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees on day 1, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation.
* Staff members are encouraged to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
* 8 paid holidays, flexible "Take What You Need" PTO and paid family leave.