The Staff Accountant will perform accounting department functions, support preparation of both internal and external financial statements and other financial information, as well as supervise accounting staff. This role interacts closely with accounting peers and will share and deploy best practices and agreed approaches.
* Oversee month-end accounting close functions
* Execute and/or review all assigned accounting entries according to company policies and conforming to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Review of staff members' work and assist as need to complete daily tasks
* Will actively participate in optimizing the ERP system.
* Responsible for completing and/or reviewing account reconciliations, analyzing, and explaining variances, working with relevant management to understand and address revenue, costs and trends, and making recommendations for improvements across areas of responsibility, where relevant.
* Assist in the monthly financial statement consolidation as needed collect, analyze and summarize account information
* Supply internal audit team with information and analysis for SOX and other internal audit testing as required
* Support Controller with information and analysis for annual audits and quarterly reviews as required ➢ Familiar with or have performed inventory cycle counts ➢ Works with Operations to Reconciles Inventory by location, including quarantine and off-site consignment locations. ➢ Involved with physical inventory counts: including count sheet control, establishing cut-off and reconciliation between book and physical ➢ Ensures Inventory Subledger reconciles with General Ledger every month ➢ Reviews all Inventory adjustments resulting from WIP (work orders), scrap and Inventory counts. ➢ Works with controller to prepare analysis on slow-moving/obsolete inventory and maintain quarterly roll-forward of reserve. ➢ Maintain fixed asset sub-ledger/detail; ensuring that all assets are accounted for and are capitalized/amortized based on Company's Accounting Policy & Procedures. ➢ Record depreciation/amortization in accounting system ➢ Involved with physical inventory counts: including count sheet control, establishing cut-off and reconciliation between book and physical
* Work on special projects as requested by management
* 5+ years of finance related experience. Background in CPG (consumer products), beauty, wellness, skincare preferred. Strong preference for an individual from brands with ecommerce and direct to consumer sales channels. Experience forecasting for direct-to-consumer businesses required.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline.
* Build solid working relationships and partner closely with peers, business, functional and finance teams
* Strong business sense, attention to detail and a strong desire to grow professionally are keys to success in this challenging position
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment; able to multi-task with proven follow-through and adherence to changing priorities and deadlines
* Strong problem-solving skills and willing to "roll up their sleeves
* Ability to work independently and have strong analytical skills
* Proficient in financial ERP software
* Requires strong oral and written communications skills, computer literacy and professional presentation.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Solid knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and financial reporting
* Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule when necessary
* Positive attitude, honesty and a team player mentality.