VP Finance (Tech start-up); Austin, TX $200K+
* Opportunity to build a finance function for an innovative start up
* Equity and bonus available
A growing software business is looking to hire a VP of Finance for their HQ in Austin TX. Over the past few years the business has grown rapidly and they are now in a position to bring on board a Senior Finance professional to help drive revenue and continue growth within their space. The VP of Finance with report into the CFO and work closely with the CEO and the investors.
In the role of Director / VP of finance you will be required to
* Strategic Planning. The VP of Finance will "own" the company's long-term financial planning model. This model reflects historical and projected business performance, growth and process improvement inputs from senior leadership and is used for evaluating the organization's pace and sequencing of growth, gauging capital needs, and communicating the organization's plan for executing on its vision to current and potential investors
* Own the Operational Accounting. The VP of finance will maintaing controls of AP, payroll, revenue recognition, billing and other operational accounting functions.
* Work closely with department leads to update budgets and cash flows. Strong project management and organizational skills including the ability to coordinate FP&A activities across multiple functions
* Liaise directly with senior management in the creation of ad-hoc financial analyses and business models for critical initiatives
* Provide ongoing mentorship, training, and development of direct and indirect reports
* Decision Support, as financial business partner to the functional leaders throughout the organization assisting in making informed business decisions with the support of financial analytics
* Prepare management reporting packages for senior management.
* Risk Management, you will create reports on downside risk exposure of value-based contracts and anticipate capital and risk collateral required to support these contract.
* Business Analysis, you will be expected to execute on the work of the finance department and senior leadership team by developing financial models that evaluate 'what if' scenarios, profitability of existing
The Successful Applicant
* 7+ years of progressive finance experience with a background in technology industry
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business is required
* Managerial experience in finance
* Hands-on experience with NetSuite ERP will be an advantage
* CPA is highly preferred
* Understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
* Prior experience in M&A is preferred; prior IPO experience is preferred but is not required
* Eagerness for doing hands on work while also providing high level leadership and strategy
To expedite your application, please apply today or email your CV at email@example.com