Business Unit Controller (Manufacturing & Distribution Industry)
* Leadership opportunity in a highly profitable, growth company
* Opportunity to take ownership of the company's key Business unit
About the Company
This is a multi-location manufacturing and distribution company. The company operates with strong profit margins and an ambition for growth along with a top-tier leadership team.
* Drive monthly financial close process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines
* Responsible for the internal control environment. Comply with GAAP and accounting policies. Maintain documentation in compliance with SOX Section 404
* Detail review quarterly consolidating balance sheet and income statement prepared by Manager prior to submission to Corporate Financial Reporting
* Manages GL Accounting (all general ledger, Revenue and AR reserves, Accruals, Cash and Fixed Assets, key balance sheet reserves, roll-forwards, and account reconciliations)
* Oversees payroll review, accounting and accruals
* Review of monthly financial statements and perform variance analysis and investigate differences; support the FP&A team on explaining results
The Successful Applicant
* You will have 5 + years of experience in a managerial role in the Accounting & Finance team of a manufacturing business.
* You will have experience in working closely with the owners/CEOs and acting as a decision support system for the company
* You will have a strong experience in cost accounting, inventory management and COGS
* You will be an expert user of MS Excel and have hands-on experience with creating pivot tables, charts, graphs, manipulating complex data and reports on MS Excel
What's on Offer
Salary commensurate with experience, bonus, and opportunity to participate in the equity plan.