VP of Finance - Austin, TX
VP of Finance - Austin, TX
A tech start-up company in the Austin, TX area is looking for a VP of Finance to add to their team! This company is in a hyper-growth period and wants a strong hands-on leader to join them during this exciting time. They are ideally looking for someone with NetSuite experience and tech experience.
Top key functions:
-Directing all actions of accounting operations
-Experience in a growing start-up environment
-Hands-on technical leadership
-Provide strategic guidance
What you'll do:
* Overseeing a team of accounting and financial operations personnel which participate in an array of activities related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
* Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc report to senior management.
* Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs
* Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
* Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
* Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
* Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
* Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
* Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
* Managing cash flow.
* Building the accounting department as the company grows
* Interacting with venture capital partners and board of directors.
* Draft financial statements, notes and disclosures, and MD&A
* Support tax compliance work
* Ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
* Draft and maintain SEC and external reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence
* Design, develop, maintain, and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting
* Assist with information for annual budgets and forecasts
* Streamline the financial reporting process and improve information quality
What we need from you:
* 15+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
* CPA Required
* Experience working in a growing start-up environment strongly preferred.
* Extensive experience working successfully within Netsuite
* Advanced Excel/Sheets skills
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
* Merger and acquisition finance experience.
* Progressive accounting experience, including previous management
* Must have experience in technical accounting areas such as consolidations, revenue recognition, foreign currency, stock options, and regulatory filings and reporting.
* Successful professional work experience growing an accounting team