Direct all aspects of the supply chain operations from vendor packaging through customer fulfillment. Develop quality assurance testing programs for all products and ensure product quality meets or exceeds these standards. Evaluate all logistics modes and service levels to ensure that movement of product is flowing in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Implement and direct a Continuous Improvement Process for Supply Chain, researching and implementing process improvement throughout the company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
60% Monitor the operations of the business through verbal and/or written reports on a regular basis and research and develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
15% Interact with product development and design to create quality assurance programs for use in product evaluation upon receipt.
10% Implement all new major account rollout programs, creating and managing the process through the first successful launch. Act as a subject matter resource to staff throughout the life of the account.
5% Provide operational leadership to employees regarding packaging of product, logistics, product construction, and government regulations.
5% Create packaging solutions for our products to reduce cost and increase product safety from product creation to customer receipt.
5% Work closely with all vendors to provide guidance on product construction, packaging design, testing, shipping, and all aspects of the supply chain.
Direct and coordinate two or more departments through subordinate managers. Determine standards of performance, audit progress, and see that organizational policies are carried out. Supervisory responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring; firing, and promotion decisions; planning, scheduling, and assigning work; instructing and training in work methods; making recommendations regarding salary adjustments and termination of unsatisfactory employees; and conducting performance evaluations.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in logistics, packaging, or related field.
* 3 to 5 years of progressive experience as COO/VP-level in managing one or more major business functions (e.g., operations, business development, etc.)
* Driver's License
* Regular day, with occasional overnight and weekend travel including before/after normal work hours. Travel is local, regional, multi-state, nationwide and international.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Location: Fulton, NY
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
* Management skills to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting, and administrative responsibilities of this position.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
* Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-term goals.
* Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present complex annual financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
* Ability to design and implement integrated control systems, policies, and procedures.
* Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment with a focus on meeting deadlines.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
* Excellence in interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and making effective presentations to internal and external top management officials.
* Skill in business and financial planning.
* Experience using NetSuite ERP is recommended.
Computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, scanner, and calculator
Computer Software: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and MS Project
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, reach, push, pull, lift, use fingers, grasp, feel, and perform repetitive motions of hands or wrists.