Director of Warehouse Operations (Washington, DC-based HQ)
I am working with a prominent and well-known DMV-based client who introduced a new role to their business: a Director of Warehouse Operations. This role will lead their multi-warehouse operation based out of Metro-DC. This client experienced enormous growth during 2020 despite COVID-19 and continues to grow in 2021 with over 300 local partners' support.
This organization is looking for a team-driven leader with a strong NetSuite and Operations and Logistics experience background. This role is responsible for inventory management at three warehouse locations where NetSuite and WAERLinx (WMS) are used. Ideally, your experience should include warehouse-based experiences or high-volume distribution experience.
Exceptional candidates have a strong background leading teams as operations leaders. You bring an array of skills and experiences, including managing and developing multiple teams, data-driven decision-making, understanding strategic linkages, and fostering collaboration between their teams and the rest of the organization. As a candidate, your team-minded and are invested in reducing food insecurity in the greater-DMV area. You're ready to join a community culture driving change in DMV.
COVID-19 Business Operations:
This role is on-site; remote work is not available for this position.
* Only Critical Staff (Warehouse team) on Site
* PPE Required on Site
* Introduced Strategic Plan and Modeling for Services (Spring 2020)
* Local Travel between Sites ( <25%)
Role & Responsibilities
* You will design, develop, and execute operational procedures for activities along the supply chain from verification of incoming product to product movement within the warehouse and distribution to partners and programs leveraging NetSuite, WAERLinx®, and other internal technologies.
* You will utilize the full functionalities of NetSuite to capture data needed for supply chain analysis.
* You apply best warehouse management design practices to optimize space (i.e., racking design and other alternatives) to maximize productivity.
* You maintain records for each stage of the supply chain for audit purposes.
* You are responsible for overseeing the maintenance and all warehouse equipment, safety measures, equipment use training, facilities cleanliness, and compliance with food safety rules and regulations.
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in the related field
* Experience leading and managing across various levels of organizational levels (i.e., entry-level to mid-level management).
* Strong and functional background using NetSuite, WMS Systems, and additional technology and systems-added plus if within a warehouse environment.
* Warehousing, Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution, and Inventory Systems
* Advanced Microsoft Excel and Office application skills
* Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse work environment
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines and objectives
* Forklift experience is ideal.
* Medical and dental insurance with domestic partner coverage
* Flexible spending account (health and dependent care)
* Vacation, sick days, personal leave, eleven paid holidays, every year
* Employer-paid life insurance and voluntary life insurance
* Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability
* Commuter/transit pre-tax program; free on-site parking and complimentary shuttle to metro
* 401(k) savings plan
* PTO for volunteering in the DMV community
If you meet the necessary qualifications and want the opportunity to expand your NetSuite career further, then don't wait to apply! Please send your resume to S.Roberts1@AndersonFrank.com and call 347-783-6563.
Anderson Frank International is the leading ERP recruitment firm in the U.S., advertising more ERP/NetSuite roles than any other agency. We deal with NetSuite partners & End Users throughout the United States, and we have never had more live requirements for NetSuite professionals.
By specializing solely in placing candidates in the ERP market, we have built relationships with most U.S. key employers. We have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and ERP jobs are. Anderson Frank International Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency concerning this vacancy.