One of my top clients in the ecommerce space is looking to bring on a Global Chief Technology Officer to oversee their technology teams in both Australia and the US. This is position is remote position with the availability to travel to Los Angeles and/or Australia as needed.
* Oversee all aspects of the company's technology requirements for the Brick and Mortar Stores as well as the ecommerce sites including operational support, infrastructure maintenance, software integration, production pipeline support, post-production, information security, and software and hardware purchases, including systems like but not limited to: NetSuite, Magento 2/Shopify, Microsoft 365, HubSpot…
* Establish and communicate technology strategies that support the companies development and future growth
* Direct research on leading-edge technologies and make determinations on the impact to efficiency and creativity as well as the feasibility of implementation
* Develop strategic plans and set timelines for development, and deployment of all new products, web and mobile services.
* Lead the company's vision and development in articulating and executing a technology vision, setting standards, and building an integrated technology plan
* Provide guidance and oversight of large enterprise projects that involve the building of a cloud environment, integration of NetSuite, and updating network and Wi-Fi infrastructure
* Balance budget responsibility with the technical capability to ensure ROI of technology investments and revenue generation
* Build and manage world-class data team and infrastructure in the United States and Australia. Must be willing to travel to Australia for training and several times per year
* Ensure reliability, availability, scalability, and security the entire technology stack
* Analyze existing procedural inefficiencies, and work with business units on process advancements.
* Prepare a variety of written and oral reports; make presentations to the Board and others
* Fully understand business process, articulate business requirements by liaising with peers and other business units
* Oversees projects and assignments within the Technology department.
* Leads efficient operation of the team so that prompt modernization and upgrades of Technology are performed as needed.
* Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive and oversee development.
* Determine and drive Technology team structure
* Troubleshooting and crisis management
* Recruit Key Technology staff
Education & Qualifications:
* BS or MS degree in computer science or a related technical field
* 7+ years of C level executive experience
* Previous retail and ecommerce experience preferred
* Demonstrated IT technical experience with retail and e-commerce businesses
* Experience leading remote teams across multiple geographies
* Demonstrated experience of successfully managing, building, and developing a team
* Experience in a start-up environment with a rapidly evolving technology stack is a plus
* Comfort working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including board members, senior executives, and business partners
* Proficient in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
* Thrives in a fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously. Positive, resilient, and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions
* Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured, and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience.
If you are qualified and interested in learning don't hesitate to apply. To discuss this role or other NetSuite opportunities in the California APPLY now by e-mailing your resume to Tyler Quick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (480)-530-2052.