Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of the Application Systems Administrator role is to support new and existing business application products, as well as the assessment of upgrades and enhancements that may be important to the business. This position will be expected to lead in new application implementations and participate in the assessment of applications for merger and acquisition projects. The Application Systems Administrator will work with Business Analysts and business leadership to identify, prioritise, develop, implement application solutions to support business processes and act as central point of contact for application changes and ongoing application systems activities.
* Independently initiates, investigates, documents, and analyses client's systems requirements in complex project areas such as: new business operating models with innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
* Independently assesses scope and impact of client business needs to define a project and leads/partners with other IT services in accomplishing those needs.
* Identifies and documents cross-functional and/or cross-divisional requirements, IT functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
* Develops complex business cases with cost, service, benefit and ROI dimensions of proposed IT projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
* Presents completed business cases for leadership approval.
* Analyses and defines efficient, cost-effective IT solutions that support client business processes and functional requirements for complex IT projects or tasks on large IT projects.
* Evaluates existing application products that could address client requirements and develops recommendations where appropriate.
* Evaluates alternative operational efficiency's.
* Conducts and/or participates in the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
* Conducts workflows, process diagrams and gap analysis to identify system, application and/or hardware needs.
* Identifies overlaps and related processes to ensure ongoing efficiency.
* Collaborates with client in implementation, planning, marketing, training and operating of automated systems.
* Designs and implements training programs for train-the-trainers for clients of new and enhanced applications.
* Provides product expertise to client groups, delivers presentations, demonstrations, and training for application systems.
* Manages the installation and initial use of new applications.
* Understands and holds vendors accountable to Service Level Agreements.
* Performs risk analyses as necessary.
* Develops and implements communication and escalation plans and resolves issues.
* Uses approved project planning tools.
* Provides knowledge transfer as appropriate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
* Collaboration, Communication & Influencing
- Uses creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables.
- Fosters and environment of collaboration within the team.
- Demonstrates commitment, team spirit, pride and trust.
- Builds both formal and informal professional networks, and extends these networks within, across and external to organizational boundaries.
- Communicates ideas or positions in a persuasive manner that builds support, agreement or commitment.
- Takes actions that directly or indirectly influence others to create buy-in, gain trust and motivate action.
- Exchanges and interprets non-routine information and/or collaboration of work.
* Commercial Acumen & Business Impact
- Understands enterprise direction, goals and strategy to determine how the projects can add value to the organization, customer satisfaction and IT departmental goals.
- Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics.
- Has a clear understanding of end-to-end business processes primarily in the areas of Sales, Finance, Project Delivery and Human Resources.
* Strategic Technology Planning
- Develops plans that align to and complement the goals of the organization.
- Incorporates business priorities, strategies, goals, emerging technologies, industry trends and economic viability into projects.
* Change Leadership
- Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words.
- Acts as the organizational change agent for improving business process maturity and practices, in support of business/agency goals and strategy.
- Encourages others to support and enable change efforts within individual initiatives and inside business/operations units.
* Results orientated
- Meets and accomplishes challenging goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to work under challenging timelines.
- Delivers large to medium sized projects consistently within timeframes and budgets as well as ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Follows and suggests improvements to established directions.
- Works independently..
- Exercises discretion within defined boundaries.
- Suggest solutions to management in order to resolve difficult issues.
* Strategic Thinking and Decision Making
- Assesses new application projects for alignment to the overall strategy for both the enterprise and to the IT Roadmap, considering the implications when new projects including mergers and acquisitions arise.
- Advises governance and leadership of specific implications when short term or long term goals/projects may not meet overall enterprise goals.
- Typically involves interpreting and implementing general guidelines.
- Requires expert judgment to develop alternatives.
- Presents information to others to be used in the decision-making process.
- Requires strategic decision-making.
- Uses creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables.
- Provides periodic informal work guidance/direction to and training of team members and technicians with less experience.
- Has no formal supervisory responsibilities but is expected to act in leadership roles.
- Takes actions that directly or indirectly influence others to create buy-in, gain trust and motivate actions in others, or win concessions without damaging relationships.
- This is a global role which may require some global travel with occasional meetings both in key US and UK offices. In addition, the Application Systems Administrator needs to be aware of time zones and recognize that certain situations will require flexibility in working hours in order to ensure adequate coverage on critical issues as they arise.
* Global & Cultural Awareness
- Demonstrates awareness of the cultural differences that come with a diverse geographic and cultural organisation.
Minimum Recruitment Criteria
* Qualifications - Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field; or equivalent, related IT experience.
* In role experience - Five or more years of business or business application experience, with a working knowledge of policies, practices, and system. Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General application of business application concepts, principles, and techniques. Working knowledge of NetSuite and or Kantata applications preferred.
* Professional expertise - Ability to work with both vendors and business teams to interpret and determine impact of new features and functions of either new applications or enhancements to applications in use. Able to interact with business users and IT senior leadership. Knowledge of project planning and estimating tools, desired.
* Location - This role can be based either in the US or the UK, depending on the location of the best candidate for the role, although international travel may be required to other regions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Ability to clearly and concisely explain digital concepts and technologies to business staff, and business concepts to project teams members.
* Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- This position at times may require evening and weekend work.