NetSuite Fixed Asset Accountant
Green tech industry
* Develop and oversee a framework of controls, protocols, and documentation for the recording of permanent assets.
* Suggest any necessary updates to accounting policies concerning permanent assets to management. * Assign identification tags to permanent assets.
* Record acquisitions and disposals of permanent assets in the accounting system.
* Monitor the consolidation of project expenses into permanent asset accounts and close them upon project completion.
* Reconcile the subsidiary ledger of permanent assets with the summary-level account in the general ledger.
* Calculate depreciation for all permanent assets.
* Review and maintain an updated detailed schedule of permanent assets and accumulated depreciation.
* Compute asset retirement obligations for relevant permanent assets.
* Investigate potential obsolescence of permanent assets.
* Conduct periodic assessments for impairment of intangible assets.
* Plan and coordinate regular physical counts of permanent assets.
* Provide recommendations to management on whether to dispose of permanent assets.
* Perform analyses related to permanent assets as requested by management.
* Prepare audit schedules related to permanent assets and support auditors during their inquiries.
* Prepare property tax filings.
* Represent the company during government audits involving permanent assets.
* Monitor company expenditures on permanent assets in alignment with the capital budget and management approvals.
* Proven NetSuite experience
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
* Strong knowledge of fixed asset accounting principles
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take on this role as a Fixed Asset Accountant please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com. Be sure to include "Fixed Asset Accountant" in the subject line.
Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.